Tuesday 26 January 2021

S.W.A.L.K

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping well and using their hobbies to keep themselves sane during these turbulent times.

I’ve been busy making some valentine treats ready for my new booth. 

Using a new lip balm die set released by My Favorite Things together with their rip strip dies, I quickly came up with some ideas, I thought might help boost my sales during valentines season.   I attach a link to where you can buy this die set.

https://mftstamps.com/search?type=product&q=Lip+balm

I also sourced some unbranded lip balm from Amazon and bought a bag of each flavour, Cherry and Peppermint.   Found some freebie images to use, to create fun characters for each of these lip balm.

Once I had everything set to go, I picked out my papers and started to die cut all my pieces.




I then picked out papers for the backside of the product, red for 🍒 and green for peppermint and proceeded to die cut those out together with the rip strip taped in place at the same time.  I had my husband design and 3D print me a very thin plastic template, to drop into the center of my tag die so placement of my rip strip die would be a much quicker and accurate experience each and every time I placed it down on my paper.  



I then added my lip balm cover designs to each lip balm, my husband designed these cute covers for me.  We printed and cut them out using our Cricut Maker.   


So now I was ready to assemble, I worked on one flavour first and then the other.

Using 1/8th inch scor tape, I placed a strip of adhesive around the hole on the backside of the piece of paper which is my front piece, where the plastic pouch goes.


Pushed the plastic pouch in place and burnished with my bone folder tool to adhere well to the front piece. 


Next I placed scor tape around the frame piece and adhered to front paper, around the window, again using bone folder to burnish in place and added my lip balm to the inside of the plastic pouch, turning the label to face the front of the window.


I then sealed the lip balm in place by adhering the back tag piece to the front tag piece.



I had a little production line going on to complete all lip balm featuring in my valentines theme.  I finished off with a little ribbon tied through the tag hole, added a bow to complete the look.  What do you think ?   



These babies are now ready to sell in my booth, I really like how they turned out. Ta dah 🙌🏻


Thanks for looking and if you made it this far, please leave a comment and say hi and where you are viewing this blog from  - take care 👋😊


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lucky Us ☘️

Last summer I stumbled across a company called Kimberbell.   What caught my eye whilst browsing their website is their vast back catalog of ...